Roasted Beef Striploin
Recipe and image courtesy of https://www.freshprep.ca/
For 3 Free Fresh Prep meals please visit: www.freshprep.ca/bdlonetree
All character of a Sunday dinner, but easy enough for a Monday! Perfectly cooked oven-roasted beef striploin, served with a side of Yukon gold spuds, and caramelized Brussel sprouts. A luscious sauce of tart cherry preserves and savoury demi-glace is spooned over the plate making this meal one to remember.
Prep Time: 30 Mins.
Red Onion Diced 3/8"
Demi Glace Seasoning
Salt Spring Kitchen Co. Sour Cherry Rhubarb Preserve
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Roasted Garlic Powder
Tip: For best results, remove beef from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature before starting to cook.
1) Prepare Beef - Turn on oven to 400°F. - Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over high. - Drain striploin and pat dry with paper towel. - Season well with salt and pepper.
2) Cook Beef - Add striploin to hot skillet and cook for 1 minute on all sides. - Line a baking sheet with foil. - When striploin is seared on all sides, place on baking sheet and put in oven.
3) Prepare Ingredients - Wash Brussels sprouts and potatoes. - Trim ends and cut Brussels sprouts in half. - Cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
4) Roast Vegetables - Add potatoes to skillet and reduce heat to medium. - Season with salt and pepper. - Cook for 3-4 minutes or until beginning to brown. - Stir 2 tsp. garlic into potatoes. - Remove baking sheet from oven and place potatoes on one side. - Add Brussels sprouts to opposite side with striploin in the centre. - Drizzle with 1/2 tbsp. olive oil, sprinkle with nutmeg, and season with salt. - Place in oven and set timer for 10 minutes.
5) Prepare Cherry Demi-Glace - Heat 1/2 tbsp. olive oil in a small saucepan over medium. - Add red onion and cook for about 2 minutes or until soft. - In a medium bowl, whisk in remaining garlic, cherry preserves, with 1 cup water, and demi-glace seasoning. - Whisk into the saucepan, bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low until ready to serve. - Season to taste with black pepper.
6) Check Beef + Vegetables - When timer goes off, take internal temperature of striploin. If 135°F, put striploin on a plate and allow internal temperature to come to 145°F for medium rare or cook to preference. - Turn vegetables and cook another 4-6 minutes or until tender and golden.
7) Serve - Slice striploin against the grain into 1/2 inch pieces. - Divide beef and roasted vegetables between serving plates. Top with cherry demi-glace. - Enjoy!