Sweet Balsamic Onion Beyond Burger
Updated: Feb 4, 2020
with Walnuts, Arugula, and Salt & Vinegar Potatoes.
Recipe and image courtesy of https://www.freshprep.ca/
For 3 Free Fresh Prep meals please visit: www.freshprep.ca/bdlonetree
Prep Time: 30 Mins.
- Spinach - Breadcrumbs - Walnuts - Fresh Lemon Juice - Balsamic Vinegar - Peasant Bun - Onion Sliced - Red Potato - Garlic - Red Pepper Flakes - Vegan Mayonnaise - Beyond Meat Burgers - Ground Chipotle Pepper
Herb Blend: - Basil Dried, Thyme Dried - Spice Blend - Roasted Garlic Powder, Vinegar Powder
Tip: You will have some leftover herb blend and lemon that you can use at a later time.
1 ) Cook Potaotes - Turn oven on to 425°F with rack in a high position. Line a baking sheet with foil. - Wash potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch wedges, and place in a medium bowl. - Toss in 2 tbsp. olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. - Toss breadcrumbs into potatoes. - Place potatoes on baking sheet, then place baking sheet on top rack. Set a timer for 15 minutes.
2) Begin Caramelized Onions - Heat 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. - Once hot, add onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until hot and beginning to colour. - Reduce heat to medium. Cook onions for another 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until colour turns deep golden.
3) Prepare Ingredients + Mayo - Wash arugula. - Coarsley chop walnuts. - Slice peasant buns in half. - In a small bowl, mix mayo and the following to taste: chipotle pepper and half of the lemon juice. - Season to taste with salt.
4) Cook Beyond Burger - Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil a second large skillet over medium-high. - Once hot, add Beyond burgers and cook for 4-5 minutes per side. - Cook until an internal temperature of 165°F and hot and crispy on the outside.
5) Finish Cooking + Toast Buns - When timer from Step 1 goes off, turn broiler to 450°F. - Turn potatoes and cook another 5-7 minutes, or until tender and golden. - Place buns in oven on rack below potatoes. Toast for 4-6 minutes or until lightly toasted. - Stir garlic into skillet with onions, along with half of the herb blend to taste. Cook for 1 minute. - Add balsamic vinegar to onions, then reduce heat medium-low. Cook for 4-6 minutes or until liquid evaporates. - Season onions to taste with the following: red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
6) Assemble + Serve - Place buns on serving plates. - Spread mayo on both sides of buns. Place a burger patty on top. - Divide balsamic onions on top. - Garnish with walnuts and arugula. - Put potatoes back into medium bowl. Toss with spice blend and season to taste with salt and pepper. - Place potatoes on plate next to burger. - Enjoy!